Registering is the first step to voting. You can check your registration status, update your registration, or register for the first time using the resources below. You can also update your voter registration or check your status by calling the County Clerk’s office at 660-663-3300, ext 4.
Who Can Register to Vote
Requirements for registering to vote in Daviess County:
- You’re a U.S. citizen
- You live in Daviess County at least 50% of the time
- You’ll be at least 18 years old before or on election day
- You’re not in prison or on parole for a felony
- A court has not found you to be mentally incompetent
You may pre-Register to vote if you are 17 1/2 years old, and meet all of the other eligibility requirements to vote.
When Should I Re-Register?
When to re-register to vote:
- You move
- You change your name
- You haven’t voted in the past four years
The process to re-register is the same as the process to register to vote. You can re-register online, by mail, or in person.
Deadline to Register or Re-register
In Missouri, the deadline to register to vote is 5 pm on the fourth Wednesday before election day. That means the deadline to register for the August 2, 2022 election is July 6, 2022 at 5:00 pm. Please register early!