How to Vote by Mail (Absentee)
Absentee Ballots Available for August 2nd Primary Election. Click here for more information
All registered voters in Daviess County who have previously proven their identity can vote by mail, also called absentee voting. You can ask to get your ballot in the mail for the next election if one of the following applies to you.
You expect to be unable to go to your assigned polling location on Election Day due to:
- You are going to be absent from your home on Election day
- You are incapacitated and/or confined to your home due to an illness or disease
- You are a caregiver for someone who is incapacitated and/or confined due to illness or disability
- Religious belief or practice
- Employment as an election authority at a location other than your regular polling site
- Incarceration, if you have retained all your voting qualifications
- Participation in the address confidentiality program (Safe at Home)
- Military or Overseas Citizen voter
Request a Ballot
You can request an absentee ballot for yourself, or have a family member request an absentee ballot for you by filling out an application. For the August 2, 2022 General Municipal Election, you have until July 20th at 5 pm to turn in your application for a ballot to be mailed to you. You may vote in person at the County Clerk’s office until 5 pm on Monday, August 1, 2022.
Mail Us Your Ballot Application
Mail your completed application to:
Daviess County Elections
102 North Main Street
Gallatin, MO 64640
Complete and Send in Your Ballot
We’ll send you an absentee ballot in the mail with a postage paid return envelope. You have three options to return it for the August 2, 2022 election:
- Mail back the ballot so that it is received by 7:00 pm on Election Day (Military & Overseas Citizens have until noon on the Friday following the election)
- Deliver it in person (or by a 2nd degree relative: spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son, daughter, grandparent, grandchild, including parent & child in-laws) to the county election office by Election Day
- Surrender it to any polling location on Election Day to be marked Spoiled. Then, you may vote a regular ballot in person.